Latest eDog Newsletter
Dear McKinley Families,
Summer is right around the corner and what an incredible year of "higher learning" it has been for our Bulldogs. On behalf of the staff, we would like to thank you for your continued support of our students and school community. It has been such a terrific year and we would like to especially thank our PTA President, Jennifer Kulin, and V.P., Kristen Moran, for their partnership throughout the year. Additionally, the support of the PTA Executive Committee, the Dad's Club, BCE, and our parent volunteers who have made McKinley an awesome community school. We would also like to thank Joanna Storey, our eDog Webmaster, who has each week posted up to the minute school, district and PTA announcements.
Field Day - What Fun!
A HUGE round of applause to Zack Nelson and his team of parent volunteers who facilitate an incredible fun Field Day on Tuesday. Zack organized a circuit of athletic events the challenged the students to practice teamwork, coordination, and agility. Way to go! I know that Mr. Nelson is already planning next year's Field Day!
5th Grade Promotion
We congratulate our 5th graders on their promotion to middle school. Remember, "Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog!"
*Awarded Biliteracy Attainment Award by the State of California and San Mateo County of Education
Promotion Ceremony Details
10:00am Lining up at the Multipurpose Room door will start
10:15am Doors will open for seating.
10:30am Siblings of children being promoted will come over from their classrooms.
10:35am Promotion ceremony begins
Thank You ....
We wanted to take a moment to thank a few team members that will be moving on to other great career opportunities at the close of this year:
* Thank you to Amity Interns - Eliseo Cuellar Rivas and Cristina Rosado for bringing their cultural influence and their inspiration to our students and staff.
* Thank you to Helen Shin - Her calm, caring presence will be missed greatly.
* Thank you to Samantha Burke who will be pursuing more educational opportunities.
* Thank you to Chris Chin who has been instrumental in her role as the DI teacher on Special Assignment and as the long-term substitute for Mrs. Cuevas.
* Thank you to Mrs. Kruse and Mrs. Kostainsek - Their dynamic team will be missed greatly!
* Thank you to Samantha Hundley who has done a fabulous job as Miss Strang's long-term substitute.
Summer Resources in the Community
During the summer please note the following agencies are available for families in need:
* Call Primrose - (650) 342-2255 - Food Assistance
* Samaritian House - (650) 347-3648 - Food Assistance
* County of San Mateo Food Assistance Program - 1(800) 223-8383
Over the summer months
Please note that we will be hosting many different educational camps here daily at McKinley form 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Additionally, we love having everyone visit and play on campus on the weekends.
First day of schools is Wednesday, August 24 - All students 8:00 to 12:00.
Have a wonderful summer full of family fun! Happy Summer!
Paula J. Valerio