Click HERE to grab the latest eDog Bulletin (August 28th Edition)
A very warm welcome back! Our first day of school was truly amazing to watch our North Yard swell with over 520 students – the largest enrollment at McKinley ever. Parents and students were smiling greeting old and new friends as they lined up.
We are delighted to have the following new staff Members joining our McKinley family:
• Administrative Assistant – Rose Bercow
• Transitional Kindergarten – Samantha Burke
• Immersion Grade 1 – Ericka Keil
• Immersion Grade 2 – Katherin Vilanova
• Immersion Grade 3 Substitute – Katie Cavanagh
• Immersion Grade 4 – David Martil
• Immersion Grade 5 – Cindy Serrano Schwartz
• RTI Specialist – Alexis O’Flaherty
• RSP Specialist – Gail Kruse
• Psychologist – Debra Ashburn
• Part Time – PE – Patti Rossi from Lincoln School
• Amity Interns -Spain: Miriam Rey Retortillo and Juan “Nacho” González Tascón
Our first few days have gone very smoothly – students are excited to get back in school and learn! Teachers are working on building classroom communities and getting to know their students. It is wonderful to hear the halls filled with “higher learning” once again.
Here are a few reminders for the first two weeks of school – through Friday, September 5th allowing additional time for our K-3 teachers to conduct assessments:
- Transitional Kindergarten: Please bring your child to the Primary (South Yard) and line up on the classroom number by 9:00. For dismissal at 12:30 - TKs will be brought out to the front of the school near the flagpole.
- Kindergarten: Please bring your child to the North Yard and line up on their classroom number by 8:25. Dismissal is at 12:00 – please pick your child up in front of the school near the flagpole.
- Grades 1-3: Arrive on the North Yard by 8:25 and dismissal is at 2:00. Main building dismisses from the primary yard and Annex classes dismiss on the North Yard.
- Grades 4 and 5: Regular day – 8:30 to 3:00 and dismissal on the North Yard.
Thank you to all the families walking to school, following the traffic guidelines, and not blocking our neighbors’ driveways.
I would like to thank the PTA for the wonderful welcome coffee and coordinating the Back to School Play date at Washington Park on the first day of school. Another event coming up quickly is the PTA Dinner and Movie Night planned for next Friday, September 5 on the North Yard starting at 6:00 p.m. McKinley continues to have a strong partnership with PTA in providing incredible additional programs and resources for our Bulldogs.
We are so fortunate to have a parent community that is so involved and dedicated to our school community.
“All that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.” Have a wonderful long weekend!
Please download the Welcome Letter (updated) for information about the first two weeks of school.